DVD Load Loop Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticHobo

Beta member
Recently I have been having problems with my DVD drive. It will not load ANY dvd-rom that I insert and will sit in an infinite spin-up/spin-down loop like it is trying to read the disk but then gives up... then tries again.The drive is not locked and ejects the disk when I push the eject button.
I think I know the cause but not the solution. It all started when I inserted a blank dvd disk and the stupid little "autoplay" dialog appeared asking what action I wanted to take. I checked the little box that said something to the effect of "do not ask again for this type of disk" and then clicked "Take no action" . Any help would be appriciated.
BTW I am running WinXP SP2 on a DELL Inspiron 6000 (notebook) if that helps at all. And I have all of the newest Windows Update (execpt for the security updates that are pointless)

right click the drive in my computer > properties > autoplay tab > drop down list and select dvd > then click the prompt me each time button > reinsert the disk and see what happens.

Thank you jcortes for your sugestion but this didn't help at all and oddly enough it was already set to "prompt me each time".
Interestingly it I do not get the loop error when I put in a DVD movie, instead it "reads" the disk one time and then reports no disk in the drive. I would have/should have mentioned this in my original post but I don't watch DVD on my computer very often and hadn't noticed it before.

that couldnt hurt to try eather delete the drive from device manager and reboot and let windows rediscover it.

Unfortunatly neither of these ideas worked either. I already had the latest version of the firmware installed, but I reinstalled anyway incase of corruption. And uninstalling did nothing for me at all. It is times like these that I hate windows. You have things running fine, click one little checkbox to stop a stupid little window from popping up and suddenly stuff doesn't work anymore.

couldnt hurt to try this.

this only works in PRO and Media center.
start > run > gpedit.msc > administrative templates > system > double click turn off autoplay > enable this function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom