CRT vs. LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
KingAustin said:
The smart choice is not clear at all. There is no smart choice, there is just one in which you pay more for being an over-cautious wussy. A few people die a year from lightning strikes, therefore they give warnings about being out in a thunderstorm. A few people get dead pixels on their monitor, I think you see my point.

One technique on fixing a monitor is simply rubbing that location, not sure how that's a shady technique, but whatever floats your boat.

Better to be a wussy with no dead pixels than a "real man" with dead pixels. :cool:

Comparing it to lightning is not accurate. Chances of someone getting hit by lightning during the normal course of his life = almost zero.

Chances of a consumer blind buying an LCD monitor and getting it with dead pixels and/or sub-pixels on it = extremely likely.

The rubbing technique is shady because it's not an authorized method for fixing them by the maker of the product. It is possible that doing that may damage the monitor worse, and/or simply not fix the problem at all. Someone blind buying an LCD and then having faith that he will be able to "rub out" all his dead pixels may be in for a very rude awakening when he realizes that rubbing won't do anything to bring the pixel back to life and he can't RMA it or exchange it. Rubbing may work in some cases, but it can't be banked upon. Brick and mortar with an exchange policy can be banked upon.

Navaros said:
Better to be a wussy with no dead pixels than a "real man" with dead pixels. :cool:

Comparing it to lightning is not accurate. Chances of someone getting hit by lightning during the normal course of his life = almost zero.

Chances of a consumer blind buying an LCD monitor and getting it with dead pixels and/or sub-pixels on it = extremely likely.

The rubbing technique is shady because it's not an authorized method for fixing them by the maker of the product. It is possible that doing that may damage the monitor worse, and/or simply not fix the problem at all. Someone blind buying an LCD and then having faith that he will be able to "rub out" all his dead pixels may be in for a very rude awakening when he realizes that rubbing won't do anything to bring the pixel back to life and he can't RMA it or exchange it. Rubbing may work in some cases, but it can't be banked upon. Brick and mortar with an exchange policy can be banked upon.

extremely likely? HAHAHAHAHAHA. OK pal. I guess that means me, my friends, my family, and a bunch of gamers in the dorms here all are extremely lucky to have had no dead pixels. Whatever makes you feel better knowing you spent bunches more on the same thing.

Worst case scenario in trying to fix the pixels is you create more dead pixels, and then you can send it in for a replacement. Problem solved.

do you love your's as much as I love mine? lol

I'm thinking about getting another for a duel screen setup

to the guy who was saying that LCD aren't as good cuz of low res...i'm using a 1440x900 19' for $180. it did come w/ a green stuck/sub pixel but it's not in the middle or anything and i'll be trying to fix it soon. it's also got 5ms on it and a sweet picture.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824254001

i still highly recommend...just read the reviews. i got unlucky w/ the stuck pixel but it should be fixed soon and even if it's not i'll still be happy w/ it.

Juice Daddy said:
do you love your's as much as I love mine? lol

I'm thinking about getting another for a duel screen setup

Well I loved my first one so much (my BENQ FP91G+) that I decided to get a dual screen setup. I almost bought another BENQ, but then I saw the Tyris on sale for like $175 after mail in, so I did that and I'm very pleased with my decision. I game on the BENQ just because it happens to be the one on the left and is a little brighter, but I did game on the Tyris for a few games just to test it and it was just as good.

Buy it :)

Wow what a heated Discussion. O.O Very intense. I even busted out some hot pockets, a bowl of popcorn, and 3 cans of mountain dew out a started to read away.

@kingaustin- I liked the way the tyris looked.

But idk i also liked the resolution of that hansg jordo posted up.

T.T so many decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom