Thinking of upgrading to the 7950GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Exits this mad race*

Well, my X1900XT will be sufficient for me for at least 4 years, its a huge jump for me anyway, first time im buying a high end card, i can settle for mdeium high settings ;) this crazy race to have everything on max settings is just pointless.

And Mag, You're dreaming G80 and Vista will be out in jan 2007 if not later on.

-Jo.

I thought the G80 series is coming in September and isn't suppose to be DX10 unlike the R600 in November which has DX10 support or is it a later G80 card that will have DX10 OR are they pushing the G80 back? Why did this get put on Microsoft's shoulders, they cant handle this! Lol

Id go with a 600 plus PS , check the Nvidia Sli zone for recomended certified Hardware .I chose the Enermax EG851AX 660 watt.They have a 30$ mail in rebate offer till 8-30-06
As far as the Fortron Source brand , ive heard alot of good things about there Power Supplies ." For the money" good product.

Umm, I would have to disagree with Gaara here. With a 7950 he will be able to play Crysis with high settings at 1280x1024, just not with DX10 settings enabled.
Well then it comes down to your own intrepretation of what high settings are and are not. I assume he's taking about turning on all shading/lighting/textures/shadow effects or pretty much including everything except AA and AF.

Consider x850 card, it can turn everything up in Lost Coast including AA and AF but it doesn't support HDR which was the entire fuss about that engine revision. Do you consider the x850 capable of running lost coast high even though it does not support the lighting effects?

All I'm saying is that he has a 7800GT. It can handle everything fine save for oblivion and probably graw. It seems rather futile to upgrade to a slightly faster card when there is a huge step forward in rendering next year

I also don't recommend buying leading edge tech such as the 7950 as it is grossly overpriced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom