19" Widescreen or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
Hi,

I am undecided whether i should buy a normal 19" lcd or the one with widescreen .

I play games, for work and watch movies

need some advice thanks

Wide screen is great in games that have widescreen support. They are not so good for general web browsing due to sites not being made for them. Movies really need a wide screen, otherwise you lose the top and bottom of a 4:3. Older games that do not support widescreen formats will stretch it to fit. :( But you can modify the game to if you find the un encrypted files on the internet.

Trifid said:
Wide screen is great in games that have widescreen support. They are not so good for general web browsing due to sites not being made for them. Movies really need a wide screen, otherwise you lose the top and bottom of a 4:3. Older games that do not support widescreen formats will stretch it to fit. :( But you can modify the game to if you find the un encrypted files on the internet.

Yeah and pretty much all games since Quake 3 have had support for different aspect ratios, just that some of them you need to edit config files (which is easy, believe me, anyone can do it) or run some commands in the console (just as easy).

I tend to have two browser windows open, and I can have them side by side on widescreen which is pretty nice. I guess it depends on how you run stuff.

I wouldn't say you lose the top and bottom on a 4:3 screen while watching a movie... there just isn't anything to display there.

What do you mean unencrypted files on the internet?

Some games have all the files encrypted to stop people copying them. (GTR for example) The is a decrypter on the internet for it.

Can you fit for example 2 TF windows side by side with widescreen fully? I'm guessing you will still lose some, but I will try it next time I am on a widescreen monitor.

Yeah I can fit 2 TF windows side by side.

And thats lame.. I can understand maybe some map files or data packs, but the config files shouldn't be encrypted. :(

I have a 19" widescreen and 19" normal screen.

I thought the normal screen kicked major *** but that computer fried that i had hooked up to it.

So i have been using my other pc with the widescreen and i can't see how i used to use a normal screen...

Widescreen just takes a while to get used to i guess.

Wide screen is alot better than a 4:3/5:4 monitor for games and movies. Games are alot more immersive due to the extra width. You get the advantage in modern games of seeing more.

When on the internet, it is not as good due to websites will have larger bands on the side, but as said you can have 2 windows up, not great as you may miss the extra height but useful all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom