2.4 ghz versus 2.6 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_kerslake

Baseband Member
Hey I am lookin to buy a dell computer and i was just wondering if there is a big difference between a 2.4 ghz processer and a 2.6 ghz processer... im new at the whole P.C thing cause i have always had a mac so i was wondering if for only 50 bux if it was that much better??

If you really don't know that much about computers, then yea sure buy a Dell. 200 mhz isn't that much of a difference, but if I were you, I'd get the 2.6 if it was only $50 more. There's a lot more to speed than just the processor.

yea im just gettin a dell cause its cheap and im 16 and dont have a job and have to buy a comp with my own money haha... but yea thanx

Like Mrk said, go for a Dell if you are too familiar with PC's. A dell should suffice for now, but if you are thinking about getting serious with computers, You should definitely look into building your own. You will save money, and it's a a great experience. Best of luck to you!

yeah, if you really get into computers, you will find that if you build your own you can get it for less $, will usually be a better system, and will be how you like it

but I really agree, if you don't know a lot about computer's, go with a Dell

which system are you looking at? (I'm guessing it's one of the Dimension models) and what do you want to use it for?
if you customise it online, we can help you with choosing the parts, provided we know what you will need it to do

Well yea i dont know much about like buying the specific parts and w.e or where to get em... to build your own would u just buy everything seperatly and then get someone to put it all together for u?? But yea i was lookin at the dimension 2400 which is only like 499 cause i have to buy it with my own money so i needed something cheap... im just going to be using it for like homework, internet, and some games but i dont think some of the more recent graphic intensive games will work on it but i dunno... Thanx a lot guyz

the dell one is a 2.6 ghz with 400mhz front side bus, 256 mb shared ddr at 333mhz, 40gb ultra ATA/100 7200 rpm hard drive, windows xp, integrated intel 3D extreme graphics card, 17 inch e773 monitor, 48x cd/rw drive... its like 700 canadian which is like 450$ american u think that is a good price? it has to be shipped from toronto which is an extra 139$ (included in the 700 i said)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom