Clearing Up Confusion on Power Supply and Mobo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, the DS3 is a fine motherboard, if you don't wish to spend more money on a mobo than what the DS3 costs, then it will do you good, lots of people own it and gave very good opinions on it.

However I did hear that the E6600 works better on 975X Based motherboard.

-Jo.

600 watts is a lot.....I don't think you will need more than 550 ....hardware is just getting more and more efficient.

I have a shitload of stuff running off my Antec 500w and it's just fine and dandy. 3 hard drives ....2 in a RAID 0 array...an overclocked dual core CPU less efficient than the Core 2 Duo.....tons of fans, a dvd-rw, an OC'd GPU...2 cold cathode.s...

Yoad said:
Anyway, the DS3 is a fine motherboard, if you don't wish to spend more money on a mobo than what the DS3 costs, then it will do you good, lots of people own it and gave very good opinions on it.

However I did hear that the E6600 works better on 975X Based motherboard.

-Jo.

Yeah, and that ASUS is an nForce 4... I haven't heard much at all about Conroe overclocks on an nForce 4 motherboard... But I have heard good things about 965 and 975's

If I were you I'd go with the DS3 out of those two motherboards.

Sorry for the double post, hit quote instead of edit. :eek:
gurusan said:
600 watts is a lot.....I don't think you will need more than 550 ....hardware is just getting more and more efficient.

I have a shitload of stuff running off my Antec 500w and it's just fine and dandy. 3 hard drives ....2 in a RAID 0 array...an overclocked dual core CPU less efficient than the Core 2 Duo.....tons of fans, a dvd-rw, an OC'd GPU...2 cold cathode.s...

Yeah I have a 7900GT, 6 harddrives, 2 optical drives and an X2 3800+ on a 450w Antec. :p

The General said:
Yeah, and that ASUS is an nForce 4... I haven't heard much at all about Conroe overclocks on an nForce 4 motherboard... But I have heard good things about 965 and 975's

If I were you I'd go with the DS3 out of those two motherboards.

ahh my bad, I saw ASUS so I instantly guessed they are talking about the Asus P5B-DH-Deluxe.

Either way, out of those two, DS3 DEFINANTLY! IF oyu can affored the asus I talked about, then the asus it is, hmm although perhaps the DFI Infinity 975X/G would also be good for you over the DS3 if you can't affored the asus, since as I said, I did hear that the E6600 tends to work better on 975X's.

-Jo.

You can get a good idea of your PS needs are by filling in the blanks .I like this configurator because its current with the latest hardware.I went with a Enermax EG851AX 660 watt , which is sli ready and approved by Nvidia .Check the sli zone for comapatible Hardware.
I to have gotten the 7950GX2 but still unsure of the Motherboard.While the 1 you have selected is the best sli performer to date ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe , your limited on your overclock ability of around 3150 Mgz . So im still looking for a new release on the 590 chset or Intel chipset with sli support.
I want to be able to OC above 3150 more like 3500 big difference.
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Yeah according to that calculator my setup uses 397 watts.

I don't see why people always get these crazy PSUs..you're just spending extra money...especially on electricity

Yeah, and mine uses 419 watts. :)

And with my Conroe coming tomorrow or so, I am okay to overclock to 4Ghz if I wanted, my 450w PSU is enough. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom