how do you superseed in azureus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
this was the advice given to me by some because I've have been seeding a 4gig that 44 people are downloading

Being the initial seeder on a dvd is a very time consuming task. I will make one suggestion to you. After you have 2 to 12 leechers. Turn on Superseeding in your client for the torrent.

What this does is distribute different chunks of the file to different people ensuring you never send the same data twice. Then your client will wait for the other clients you sent data to send what you sent them before sending new data.

This will save your bandwidth. Hope this helps and thanks for sharing.

Never use superseeding unless you have 2 or more people downloading from you. If you have superseeding turned on and just one person connects that person will never be able to get anything from you because your client is waiting for that person to send data he never received.

Cheers,

-tirdil

how do I do that with azureus?

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Super_Seeding

Q: When looking at the Details, the extra Super-Seed Mode columns (Piece & Time to resend Piece) show None and blank. I have Super Seed checked in the Configuration Seeding options, but does this mean that I'm not Super Seeding even though I'm the only seed in the swarm?

A: Correct, you are not Super Seeding. This is probably because you didn't restart Azureus after you enabled Super Seeding (and thus the change did not take effect).

I still can't find the option to enable it. this talks about but leave out how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom