slow bootup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

Solid State Member
I have Compaq nx8220 which was perfectly fine till yesterday and today it takes ages for the desktop to come up. After boot up is done, it works fine i.e to open up programs.
What could be the reason for it to take up so much time to get the desktop. I have not installed programs since yesterday and nor have i changed any settings.
Any solutions

disconnect your cd rom drive and boot up.

If it goes faster you might have to replace your cd rom drive. Try it in another computer and if it has a slow bootup replace it.

Don't ask me why because the same thing happened to me twice.

Is it working while it's booting? I mean...is the hard drive light blinking and stuff?

If not something is causing it to hang...then it probably times out and continues the boot process. Check your msconfig startup settings.

Defrag.

Check for warez or spyware/viruses.

Degfrag again.

Go to start, click run, type msconfig, go to Startup Tab and deselect unwanted programs Ex: msn, aim , spyware removal

I reccomend defraggin with O&O. A quick google search should help you there.

hey sry to high jack the post but, i'm having a similar problem, when i tun on my laptop (an HP Pavilion ze5500), it takes forever to get to the XP boot up screen but once it gets there its fine, and it also doesn't seem to like to boot off the battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom