New Build for an Aussie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm if Coolmaster PSU's are good? Thanks mophead740!

What RAM should I better getting for my computer?
Are XFX Graphics Cards any good? Would I be better getting an XFX GeForce 7900GT instead of Gigabyte, Asus or Leadtek?

well it seems that XFX has a bad reputation on this forum but i personally haven't had a problem with my card and haven't with any XFX cards. presumably they have a bad reputation for Dead on Arrival cards but i don't know of any serious issues with cards that have worked on arrival so i don't see what all the fuss is about. if the card is dead.......then send it back. Coolermaster PSU's are ok but i wouldn't say anything stellar. my Antec or the SmartPower series on the other hand i can't speak highly enough of.

Ok, thanks Nitestick. I take it that the Antec PSU's are great, but they do cost a lot more which would be why. I would think a Coolmaster PSU would have to be better than a generic one though.

I am really confused which Graphics Card to get now. Where can I find heaps of reviews from people who have the product?

Thanks! I will have a look on there.

With the PSU I found heaps of reviews on NewEgg and it got 5 stars from 141 reviews, which is great, but people said that it doesnt have a PCI Express connector. Will that affect me?

that depends...
can u get a converter to plug in your graphics card
if u cant then that definetly will affect you and u shouldnt buy it

3D Avenue gave the Asus A8N SLI Premium a great review so I might stick with that.

I still don't know what RAM I should get. Can someone suggest which DDR2 RAM I need?

how much ram do u want
i think kingston, corsair, geil, team extreem, mushkin and ocz ram is all good stuff
if u cant be stuffed with oc'ing go with kingston, corsair or mushkin
otherwize ocz or team extreem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom