New Build for an Aussie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am keeping the current computer. One is a DVD-RW and the other is just a DVD-ROM. Actually I forgot I still had a CD-RW so I might put that in my current computer and put the DVD-RW in the new computer. Thanks for that!

I looked at the Video Cards MSY are selling the ones in my price range are:
256MB 7900GT Forsa/Leadtek/Gigabyte/Asus
Are these good graphics cards for the latest games? I assume Gigabyte or Asus would be the better cards. Am I correct?

not nessecarily
gigabytes are not good for OC'ing
asus is no good if u have problem with the card
and leadtech is just as good as these two if not better, but slightly slower in some cases
i read somewere (dont quote me) that leadtech was one of the most dedicated followers of nvidea or something like that,
i would go for the leadtech
and one thing i think you missed
underneath the 7900GTXs there is the albatron 7900GT which is also a good price if you dont mind sacrificing a small portion of performance
gigabyte and asus are just more expensive because of their brand name (or so ive heard) and unless one ios OC'ed or something or has a better cooling solution then it is not worth the extra money
i only bought a gigabyte because it was passively cooled

Yeah I missed that Albatron, but I think I might go with the Leadtek then. The only thing, would you just pay a bit extra for Gigabyte/Asus because you 'cant go wrong with a brand name.'

Also what motherboard should I go for if I don't want the SLI technology?
What DDR2 RAM should I be buying? MSY has Kingston RAM cheaper the the GiEL at the other place.
2G Kit (2x1G) Kingston or 2G Kit (2x1G) Corsiar or 2G Kit Corsair DDR2 667 5300?

btw fyi i think thermaltakes psus are fine and u cant just say u have heard bad things
we want to no wat

hmm like the one i had that caused instability in an old system or the one my friend had that fried and took his system down with it, worthy enough proof ;)?

it looks like you've worked out most of your problems so i'll just suggest that you check out www.staticice.com.au for pricing the parts. if you like the motherboard there is no reason not to get it just because it has SLI.

if u think coolermaster are okay and u think that 430 watt is enough then the coolermaster extreme 430 watt is only $55 at MSY

thats true
if u dont mind spending about twice as much u could buy the antech truepower II 430 watt for about $105 at MSY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom