amd athlon 3700+ vs. 3800 dual

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should get the 3800+ dual core because it's just better. The 3700+ might be good for single core apps, but pretty soon everything will be dual core.

Yes, the dual-core is a better choice. The industry is moving toward mutiple CPU's and the apps and games are going to move right along with it.

depends on what you want from it, my old 3700+ was faster with games than my old X2 4200+ and it has about the same proformance in games as my X2 4400+ i have now.

If you dont do very serious gaming very much, or your not a prefection freak where every little choppy frame buggs you, then the X2 3800+ is the best choice. Also if you just like running multiple apps in windows.

I'm not sure about the X2 3800 but i know my last two X2s have'nt been very good overclockers, but my 3700+ made it to 2.8ghz stable, so far ive only been able to oc the X2 4400 to 2.4ghz.

definately dual core, if your like me and you like to have an IM service or an internet browser running in the background it'll perform much better than a single core. Dual core's are just more eficiant(wow i spelled that wrong) than single cores.

yes i did a little research and i found that if i spent some extra money i could get and allendale core 2 cpu

:)

btw my crap duron blew up so i will order this news intel rig soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom