No keyboard on POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuxology

Solid State Member
Greetings,

Recently acquired a used Mobo and it won't "hit" the keyboard on POST and of course won't enter the BIOS with the DEL key or acknowledge any key functions. Used 3 different known working keyboards, wiggled the ps2 connector etc...nothing. It seems to POST OK otherwise.

I think the board is bad. Anyone agree with my diagnosis or have another opinion ? Thanks.

Just a suggestion...

Look for the "Keyboard wakeup" jumpers in the motherboard manual. Make sure they are on correctly.

I'm not really sure what these jumpers do, but maybe they have something to do with it?

does the keyboard work in windows? (thats if you aren't getting 'press f1 to continue')

Tried USB keyboard?

imation said:
does the keyboard work in windows? (thats if you aren't getting 'press f1 to continue')

Tried USB keyboard?

I'm getting 'press F1...' and of course no response when pressed.
It would be interesting to try a USB keyboard. I don't think I have one around but may try to borrow one or something.

try the keyboard you have in another system to verify that it is good :) we had someone who couldnt get into windows setup because their f8 key was broken.

jcortes said:
try the keyboard you have in another system to verify that it is good :) we had someone who couldnt get into windows setup because their f8 key was broken.

He said he used three different working keyboards.

yea that is odd, i would say the ps2 port is poked..

Just another thing to check, do the caps lock/scroll lock lights flash when the computers turned on or when keyboard is plugged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom