telephone reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
**Thought this should go here, because phones do use electricity :p**

My telephone is losing signal or antenna all of a sudden. It has been getting hot (95 degrees F) and is that interfering with the telephone's base?

If it helps, i have this phone: Motorola MA550 5.8GHz

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002EYR1C/002-4457723-3024044?v=glance&n=172282

It's like using those old cordless phones from the 1996 area. Pleaes don't tell me i have to throw out a perfectly good $60 phone?

I have this one in storage, is it any better? Will it get better reception? GE 900Mhz
http://www.home-electronics.net/en-us/ModelDetail.html?MN=26928GE2&Cat=900Mhz

I've actually bought 4 different phones, 3 cordless, and 1 corded, and only the corded one seems to work. And i'm not using a corded phone.

I am near the wireless router, could it be causing interference with a 900Mhz or 5.8Ghz phone?

I've always found that the 2.4Ghz phones don't work, period.

I'm just gonna use the 900Mhz one, it works excellent, except is has no caller ID.

the 900mhz one should work alright, i don't see that there should be a problem with the 5.8ghz one but evidently there is one. i honestly can not understand the obsession with 2.4ghz phones. 2.4ghz is a terrible choice of frequency especially given that it has poor penetrating ability and some other things. then there is the fact that Bluetooth, WiFi and cordless phones use the frequency.......plus microwave ovens. therefore if you turn on a dodgy microwave bye bye network, phone calls and bluetooth headset for the meantime. [/rant]

anyway long story short.......no chance with a 2.4ghz phone, 900mhz should work and so should 5.8ghz. perhaps it was 4.8ghz? 4.8ghz would definitely get interference from a router.

There is no such thing as 4.8Ghz.

I think all there is for frequencies are 25-channel (450Mhz), 900Mhz, 2.4Ghz, and 5.8Ghz.

as silly as it sounds, yeah.

But i've got the problem solved, i'm using an older 900Mhz Panasonic, crystal clear sound, just a little bulky, as many phones were in 1998.

I figured the fact that I put "lol" at the end would be an indicator of my sarcasm. 4.8Ghz is a frequency that exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom