Status
Not open for further replies.
ive had my monitor for 11 years
yep, 11 years...
no dead pixels...
well, there two lines that look dead,. but i have the same thing on my hdtv
and this monitor can go up to 1600x1200 O_O
52 hz refresh rate though XD
i r going to get a sony since my dad works there...

CRTs are unable to get dead pixels, right?

If so, good, I have this Viewsonic 21" CRT that I love, got it for free, believe it's like 400 dollars retail :| p815 or something :)

crt's pwn. I have a nice ibm g78 17".. Best thing was I got 2 identicle ones for free so if I ever get the urge to dual monitor it wont look screwed up. Did I mention they are flat panel?

Tho, I must admit, an lcd looks so much sexyer then a bulky crt.. But you dont notice that when your fragging people up on sof2!

I used to have 2 Mitsubishi 2070SB CRTs i had put over 30,000 hours on them and thir colour was basically none existant! Great monitors though, put a cup of coffee on top of them andthey used to keep it HOT. Very power consuming and therefore expensive to run! They wont die, but their colour will eventually go. Please film you jabbing the monitor with a pencil or whatever implement you may wish to use! Will be a good larff! PSP_Crazy, to let you know, those lines on your CRT are the lines of the apperture grille suspension wires, to stop the grill falling out of allignment when moved, theyre not dead, it happens on all Trinitron/Diamondtron monitors using the sony apperture grille system.

Ruan

A-mak said:
crt's pwn. I have a nice ibm g78 17".. Best thing was I got 2 identicle ones for free so if I ever get the urge to dual monitor it wont look screwed up. Did I mention they are flat panel?

Tho, I must admit, an lcd looks so much sexyer then a bulky crt.. But you dont notice that when your fragging people up on sof2!

You have a flat-panel CRT? Wow, that's a first. Unless you mean flat-screen. :rolleyes:

When you are shopping for an LCD screen it is one of the rare times where it's better to purchase it from the store.

Here's what I do.

1. Look at lots of reviews of LCDs and know all their specs.

2. Read reviews from people that have had them for a while and see how they say it hold up.

3. Go to the store knowing which one you want, dont ever let them talk you into a different one.

4. Force them to unpack it and plug it in and boot up windows. Then have them change the background color a few times so you can be sure there are no dead pixels.

That's what I did and my LCD doesnt have any dead pixels and is 6 months old.

You have a flat-panel CRT? Wow, that's a first. Unless you mean flat-screen.

Oh sorry flat-screen.. Take note for me I sometimes mean the opposite, especially when I'm on here at late hours. He he.

Still great screens tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom