help me decide.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
ok........ after some suggestion frm some of the guys here, i've decided to get the Conroe 6600 processor with the Asus P4 LD2SE mobo. m also planning to get 1gb RAM. should i get a pc400, 533 or 667? i was recommended the 667, but those come with a higher latency of CL5, then 533 come with CL4 and 400 come with CL2.5. so which should i go 4? thanks for yur suggestions........

check your motherboard to find the best one, it should say somewhere. U couldn't find your motherboard on new egg so if you have a link i could see.

might wnna make your sig a little smaller. or you might get a present from the sig santa :)

hey thanks 4 yur input..... but wat abt the latency? 667 is CL5. isn' that sort of like 2 high or sumthin........ don't mind my noobish questions, i haven't been watchin these tech updates 4 many months now (last i logged in here was like during june or july of last year, so..... u should kno)..... so i nd some help with certain explanations..... btw the processor is only like 2.4Ghz. is that doubled or something coz its duo core? thanks again..... :D

E6600 + 945P chipset = Poor choice. I suggest getting a 965P or 975X chipset. Two good choices are:

965 chipset - Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
975 chipset - ASUS P5W DH Deluxe

For RAM, you should go with DDR2-800. Cas 5 with DDR2-800 is fine, Cas4 is fine with DDR2-667.

how big of a difference does it make with the 965 n 945, coz i'm limited by a certain budget. in s'pore prices are pretty high. the diff betw a mobo that's 965 n 945 is abt 100-200 sing dollars. i'm already stretching my budget, so its a bit difficult....

my suggestiong is 4-4-4-15 or 4-4-4-12 at the least w/ DDR2-800. That can overclock a decent amount up to 5-5-5-**. If you've got the money go that route or get something at least 4-4-4** DDR2-667. Even though the latencies are high they're still faster than DDR400 by a ways. (don't have a link but i read on a review that 3-3-3-** DDR2-800 is as fast as what 1-*-*-* DDR400 would be and OC pretty much the same.)

derfist said:
..... btw the processor is only like 2.4Ghz. is that doubled or something coz its duo core? thanks again..... :D

Don't worry about the 2.4Ghz. a E6300 can OC to better than a FX62 from what i've heard and that runs at 1.86Ghz. So your's will be frigging fast as crap. (also with good components expect to OC up to 1Ghz.)

I hope that helps. I recomend CL4 latency cuz i got CL5 thinking "heck it's Coursair XMS it'll OC pretty good"....but i doesn't very well. *still very fast though so if you OC then get low latency but otherwise just get CL5*

hey, thanks again for yur suggestion. but i'm still wondering if there's much diff betwn 945 n 965 coz the price diff is pretty high....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom