This is my ultimate computer (about $3500).

Status
Not open for further replies.
A stock Conroe can beat a Fx-62. And Conroes have been getting to 3.6ghz on stock coolers. Its a much better cpu.

WHy dont u guys STOP telling him to get a conroe?. HE wants to get the FX-62. let the dude spend HIS money.who gives a **** which one is cheaper.Maybe he does NOT want to overclock. anyhow yes dude the build looks good to me...btw nice home theatre setup.

I agree wih Deaduar3, people on these forums are extremely helpful, but sometimes they forget to respect other people's wishes.

deaduar3 said:
WHy dont u guys STOP telling him to get a conroe?. HE wants to get the FX-62. let the dude spend HIS money.who gives a **** which one is cheaper.Maybe he does NOT want to overclock. anyhow yes dude the build looks good to me...btw nice home theatre setup.

....he asked our opinion....and we gave it. The FX-62 is a TERRIBLE cpu in terms of price/performance.

And what does overclocking have to do with anything.

lol..

if he said he hates intel and no way he'll get a conroe then we woulda respected his wishes.. but thats not what he said.. he gave a reason..

I have decided after going back and forth between AMD and Intel that AMD is the way for me because I would like to be able to have K8L. That is the reason I chose AMD AM2 over Intel Core 2 Duo.

his reasoning wasn't all convincing so we tried to reason with him..

even if you don't consider price/performance, and JUST performance, the e6600 wins with no overclocking. so its not price/performance, its price AND performance.

deaduar3 said:

EHHH No one is FORCING HIM we are giving thoughts and opinions to his idea... chill out

deaduar3 said:

Obviously you are missing the point of this thread then, he came here to ask opinions of how ultimate his soon-to-come rig is, and how can he make it even more ultimate, And so, everyone pretty clearly stated that its not ultimated untill you stick an Intel Conroe in there ;)

BTW With his budget, i'd say go X6800!

hah

-Jo.

Ok guys, after getting thoughts from people on 3 different forums, I am more inclined to go Intel Core 2 Duo. There is only one problem. There is no motherboard that supports SLI and has a Nforce 590 chipset that is out right now. So here is what I am going to do. First off I would like to thank everybody for their opinion, I do appreciate it. I have seen that Asus posted their board on their website but has not released it yet. I will see in the next 2 weeks if ASUS or DFI releases a Nforce 590 SLI Intel Edition motherboard. If they don't, I can probably wait a couple more weeks. So yes in conclusion you have all swayed my mind to go Core 2 Duo. And if K8L is better, than I will just get a new mobo and CPU maybe when it comes out. Thank you everyone for your opinions. I will still post in this thread later to make sure that the Intel parts won't have problems with the ram (I know they are compatible but maybe they have issues like I have read) and other things as well. THANKS AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom