What does duel channel benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
Im not clear on what duel channel active ram really does. Could someone clear it up for me? And does it work alot better on the amd 939 pin? About the amd 939 pin, how does this make a processor run better than the 747?( i think its 747)

thanks

Doubling the theoretical bandwidth of any single-channel chipset, these new logics offer significant performance and architectural gains. Therefore, the need for fast memory that can run in dual channel mode is more important than it has ever been.

anarchy said:
Therefore, the need for fast memory that can run in dual channel mode is more important than it has ever been.

I heard that the 747 processores of amd could not support duel channel but the 939 pin amd processors now can, is this true? Do AMD 939 pin proceccors support duel channel that double the ram's front side bus speed(400mhz x2 =800mhz)? OR does duel channel have nothing to do with FSB rates?

Ermm, currently the 940 pin socket does not support dual-channel unregistered RAM, AMD later this year will remove 1 pin(so 939 pins) and that socket and CPU's will support Dual-Channel un-registered RAM:confused:

Actually, other then obviously they must be registered, but I don't know what the actual technical difference is:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom