AM2 vs 939

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nukem said:
Socket 939 is going to be like the P4... it'l be around for years to come. It may be "old" but it's still a dam good system. and there is not much of a performance difference between the AM2 and 939. true AM2 is better and more up to date... Just my 2 cents.

But since they ARE the same price right now... go AM2. :D

Correction, due to the internal memory controller of amd, and the new DDR2 supports which its only downfall is the increased latencies [which are much less felt because the decrease in the memory controller latencies] there IS a performance gap between AM2 and s939, a memory bandwith increase ;) .

-Jo.

Ok here's another quick which is better question.
Is there any diffrence between the Raptor X 150gig 10K and the regular Raptor 150gig 10k?
Should I buy a 150 gig 10k or a low gig 10k for games with a seperate 7200 HD for storage?

Should I buy a 150 gig 10k or a low gig 10k for games with a seperate 7200 HD for storage?

the second one. Just know that you don't necessarily need a "raptor". I have an old 30gig (standard speeds) and everything is quick to load and boot up is like 30 seconds. The point is have one drive for installs and windows, have another for whatever junk you come across.

well i didn't really feel like reading all of the replies so i'm sorry if somebody already posted this info.

i'd say go AM2 because it's pretty much the same price. DDR2 memory is faster but a little more expensive (still better performance/price in my book.) AM2 is also going to be more future-proof and it'll be more upgradable and slightly faster because of the memory. all in all it just comes down to the memory. if you want DDR or DDR2.

i'd say look into that if you're not sure on what you want. they've got a lot of good reviews/experiments out there showing the performance differences between DDR1 and DDR2 w/ AMD's.

^that's what, imo should be the deciding factor as they are identical other than that.^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom