This is my ultimate computer (about $3500).

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan611

Baseband Member
Ok guys in two weeks I will be pulling the trigger on my brand new $3500-3800 custom built computer. I would like to ask the people of these forums to confirm that every part I list below will be compatible with each other, have no problems with each other, and will fit snuggly with each other, among various other things. I have been doing research for about 6-9 months on this computer picking my parts, changing back and forth, and patiently waiting for the time to buy. I have decided after going back and forth between AMD and Intel that AMD is the way for me because I would like to be able to have K8L. That is the reason I chose AMD AM2 over Intel Core 2 Duo.

Here it goes:

Processor:
AMD AM2 FX-62

Motherboard:
Asus Crosshair Nforce 590 SLI Motherboard

Memory:
OCZ DDR2-800 (PC2-6400) Special Ops Edition Urban Elite (Only if I can find it online)

OR

OCZ DDR2-800 (PC2-6400) Special Ops Edition

Video Card:
EVGA Nvidia 7950 GX2

Sound Card:
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty

Hard Drive 1 (For OS and games):
Western Digital 74gb Raptor 16mb Cache

Hard Drive 2 (For everything else):
Western Digital 250gb Caviar SE16 Sata3g

Optical Drives:
2x Plextor 755SA Sata Optical Drive

Case:
Silverstone TJ07 Black with Custom Window with casters purchased from www.performance-pcs.com

Power Supply:
Silverstone Zeus 750 Watt SLI Power Supply

Cooling:
OCZ Tempest CPU Heatsink
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Grease
Stock Case Cooling
Stock Video Card Cooling

Fan Controller:
Aerocool Power Watch

Lighting:
2x Logisys Blue Lazer LED's
2x Logisys UV Lazer LED's
2x Sunbeam White Lazer LED's
2x Sunbeam Red Lazer LED's

Light Controller:
2x Sunbeam Lightbus

Floppy:
External USB Sony Floppy Drive

Noise/Sound Dampening:
Sound Mat
Silverstone Power Supply Acoustic Cover

Physics Card:
This is a maybe but I probably will get one in the future.

-----------------------------------------

That was the computer stuff. I have already purchased my Home theater setup which is below. It is for my bedroom so it is small.

HDTV:
Samsung LN-S2651d 26" LCD HDTV

Surround Sound Speakers:
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround Sound

-----------------------------------------

So I want to make sure that every computer part I listed above is compatible. This means enough power from the power supply, no problems with the memory and mobo working together, no problems with fitting anything, and no problems with cabling or heat or cooling. IF YOU GUYS THINK OF ANY PROBLEMS WHAT-SO-EVER THAT I COULD NOT THINK OF PLEASE POST IT, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

Thanks guys in advance for responding to this thread and I look forward to talking to you guys about this project. BTW this is my first computer I have ever built and my second PC that I have had. THANKS!

that CPU is DEFINITELY a waste of money.

Go Conroe...also I'd pick a X1900XTX or something instead of the 7950GX2..

I love AMD. I have used both Intel and AMD...

...but maybe Conroe. If I were about to shell out 3500 clams, I might buy the Core-Duo.

I love AMD too, But I'd never buy a FX-62. I'd buy a opteron 165 or a 4400 x2, but not an Fx anything (too much for too little).

the money you would save by not getting the fx62 and instead getting the intel e6600 upgrading to K8L (if it turns out to be a good thing) would be cheaper. all you'd need is a new motherboard. (and probably ram.. or you could go socket am2 and keep your ram.. no difference from if you went socket am2)

and this way you not only save money, but you get much better performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom