Build me a Computer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSmoove

Solid State Member
Ok im not all up and up on the new deals out there. I was wondering, Im a gamer. Im lookin to build a decent gaming machine.

Anyone out there have a suggestion for a setup?

I dont need a vid card. I have a ge-force fx 5700 ultra 128mb

Im looking to spend a max of $700.

Here is my current setup

WinXP
AMD Athlon 2000 xp (1.6ghz)
Asus A7V333-X Motherboard
Ge-Force FX 5700 Ultra 128mb
768MB PC2100 Ram
80gig HD (not sure on make or model)
400W power supply

Dont need a better HD just something near it

would say get at least 256x2 pc3200, go for an asus a7n8x - deluxe or that abit board... and keep your processor or goto a 2500xp, rest is fine.. you could even sell you chip/mobo together and make some money off of that, along with your ram

Make sure your new mobo has onboard audio. It's definetly good enough for games, doesn't hog a PCI slot, and saves you the expense of having to buy a new sound card (unless you have one that you didn't mention in your first post).
Nice looking video card too man.

yea I never buy a soundcard. My speakers are like 8 years old and since I dont live alone, I dont need them blasting.

if you DO want to get a good (24bit) soundcard and don't want to take up another PCI slot, get the Creative Extigy. I have it and it works flawlessly and comes with some nifty software. it's USB and i've had it for two years (with 5300 speakers) and they've been awesome. You can get some really happening bass if you turn bass all the way up on the sound card and speakers and turn treble down on the sound card. All in all, it's a great card.

by the name of the thread i thought you wanted to pay someone to come to your house to build it i would have been happy to do that but i live in aus, melbourne
but if its the buying part your talking about then you probably ant to check wether all of the parts will work with the amount of power supply your getting you dont want to build it all to find it wont work because u dont have anough power to work it that would be so annoying

yes get dual channel memory, it will work better for gaming
you could look into getting a pentium 4 with hyperthreading, better for gaming. <http://www.newegg.com/app/Viewprodu...manufactory=1157&description=&srchFor=pentium>

If u want to spend a little more money, get a 64 bit, alot better for gamers.
Asus is definently the mobo to get though.
You shouldn't really need to worry about the power supply, unless you get a bigger HD, very fast processor (64 bit or 3.0GHz or bigger).
Make sure u have enough cooling in ur case, if it is running nice and cool, it has less tendency to glitch than if it were running very hot. Try to keep it from 42-48C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom