OC my AM2 X2 3800+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Hey guys,

Okay I'm ready to see what this chip is made out of. But since it's ddr2...i have no idea how it works with mem dividers... My temps right now though are

MB 37 C

CPU 34 C

How do I go about hitting 2.4GHz you think? Should I increase it by 100MHz and then run prime95 each time or something? I have no idea what is different with these am2s. And I didn't have any AS :confused: :mad: maybe later. But I'm ready to crank this thing up. Please help me. :D (PS I know the BIOS and the multi and the HTT etc, but its the **** memory im not sure about...)

40-80 reboots? lol. yeeek. I did go for 2.2GHz right now if i could know what to do with the ram...

Yeah I was like wtf. 5-10mhz intervals with 30 minutes priming each?!?!? I went by 50mhz intervals and primed for 1 hour on a slow day but hey its your cpu, you can do whattever you like. Lol

Check my sig.

If you have decent RAM, it should go to 450MHz or thereabouts. Some cheaper RAM sticks barely make the guaranteed speed.

It is Strongly recommended to step it up slowly (.05 - .10GHz). Make sure that you have adequate cooling and enough Vcore voltage to keep her stable when you run Prime95. If you have not already, you might want to consider AS5 thermal compund and an aftermarket cooler.

You can throttle back your memory by setting the 1T/2T to 2T (in the Memory settings). You can also run your RAM at a slower speed (133, 166, 180) and the OC will bring it up closer to 200.

Patience....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom