PowerPoint and Multiple Monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, thank you very much for that advice. As I said before, I'm unable to test it out for about a week or so, but as soon as I do, I will let you know whether it worked or not. :D

Hi,

It's been longer than a week, I know, but I've finally been able to test out the projector issue. Unfortunately, it did not work. However, it wasn't because what you told me was wrong, it was because I think there must be something wrong with my laptop's display abilities.

I plugged the projector in and instantly my desktop was projected onto the screen, and my laptop screen went blank. I went into Display Properties, but I was unable to change the settings. On the 2nd screen in properties (which is physically the laptop screen) I could not tick use as primary display or whatever, I could only tick whether I wanted to extend it to this monitor or not. The other screen, I could not change the settings at all. Clicking and dragging the screens does not do anything either.

It looks like it's stuffed, and I might have to get a newer laptop. The only thing is, this laptop is only two years old.

Any ideas?

If there is an image on the wall but not on the laptop, press and hold the Fn button while pressing the F5 button. Repeat this process until the image is on both the projector and the laptop.

it differs by manufacturer but try some of these and if they fail just try fn and press the F_ keys untill it displays. it should flicker.

Manufacturer Key
Acer - Fn + F5
Dell - Fn + F8
HP - Fn + F5
IBM ThinkPad - Fn + F7
Sony - Fn + F7
Toshiba - Fn + F5

EDIT: if you continue to press that combination that you find to work i believe it will cycle through modes untill you find one that you want if that doesnt work then follow my steps as long as you have both monitors on.

Sorry, I should have been more detailed. The projector displays my desktop, and all the icons and Start bar and whatnot, and the laptop screen only displays whatever it is I have set as my wallpaper.

I tried the FN + F4 keys while I was there, and that did not work either.

I am able to see it just as it appears in the screenshot, however, monitor 1 can not be unticked as a primary monitor, and monitor two has both of it's options (use as primary monitor, and extend desktop onto this monitor) phased out. I can not click them.

I might have to wait another week, and take some screen shots of my laptop and show them to you so you can exactly what is happening.

Okey dokey. Next week I will take some screen shots, once everyone has left. Thanks very much for your help so far, and your patience.

Until next week, cya! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom