Is this computer worth the buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezKangster

Baseband Member
Well I own an emachines celeron, really outdated, and a sony vaio notebook dual core processors. I just really need a simple easy to use desktop for just home usage and to play games(not a hardcore gamer), playing games on my vaio is scary sometimes because it overheats frequently. A local computer store nearby is currently having a blow out sale on all its desktop systems, and computer accessories. One computer that caught my eye was an emachines
Amd sempron 3100 1.8ghz, 512 mb dr 3200, 120 gb HD, 256 mb L2cache, 1 pci slot, 2pci-e x16 slots for $268. I compared this item to other places such as compusa and new egg, and I save about $70. I also read many reviews for this items, and almost everyone replied that this machine is good for gaming, and excellent for multimedia/home/office usage, which I really want and need. Any inputs or advices before buying?

I think you got the PCI and the PCI-E backwards.

For $268 it ain't bad. I figure the CPU is a 754... if you know the model number post it, and I'll look it up.

You can take the RAM from your current computer and put/all of it in the new one, as well as taking your old hard drive, transferring any files over, and then formatting it and using it for additional storage.

Either way, it'll be a step up from what you have. And I don't care what anyone says, an eMachine is a solid computer for a pre-built.

emachines T3120, it comes with a shared video card (Nvidia 6100, 128mb), so yes I'm going to change it to a Nvidia 6800 gs pci-e. Oh yes, I got it backwards, 2 pci slots, 1 pci-ex16 slot. Also about the system ram, the computer only comes 512mb stock, but fortunately I have the same pc3200, 512mb in my other computer so I will be getting 1 gig =). I agree too, the emachines is a solid computer for a prebuilt(and budget wise), but my only concern is the processor for this model - Amd sempron 3100, its performance wise, and comparison to other proc. out in the market. Thanks alot.

I didn't find that exact model number, but the one closest to it was a 754. That just means that you won't be using dual-channel for your RAM, and can't snap up the low priced 939 AMDs.

An OEM 3400+ socket 754 is going for $99 on NewEgg, but having a 3100+ Sempron ain't too bad. I waddled along on a socket A 2000+ for four years.

i got the 3400 sempron and it runs fine for most games but the nVidea 6100 is not great for games im gonna upgrade it soon on my comp.You'll wanna upgrade it if your gonna game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom