power supply question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
i have an Ultra x-connect 500w powersupply. but its only 20pin. it has modular cable support. the output (i guess i could call it that) on the powersupply is 20pin. is there any way that i could convert the 20pin to a 24pin, without the converter.

i'm sorry if that was confusing.

im pretty sure ther's a connector you can put on the end of 20pin cables to make them 24pin, but dont quote me on that.

MrZucchiniHead said:
im pretty sure ther's a connector you can put on the end of 20pin cables to make them 24pin, but dont quote me on that.
Yea, I think hes aware of it, but doesn't want it.

No, not really unless you feel like modding your PSU which is dangerious. Probably spelled that wrong...

j369852147412 said:
without the converter.

Ste said:
Yea, I think hes aware of it, but doesn't want it.

oh, thats where i stopeed reading

yeah, no way of doing that unless you mod it. or is there a way you can take a 24pin wire from another modular PSU and put it on yours?

see with the converter you plug 20pin into the converter and the output is 24pin. i would like the actual power cable to be the converter itself.

whats wrong with just using the converter?

the only way you would be able to is ti mod your PSU by taking off the 20pin and soldering o na 24pin connector. or, im not sure if it's possible, but take a 24pin from another modular PSU and put it on yours.

" Is there any way that i could convert the 20pin to a 24pin, without the converter. "

convert without a converter? lol funny. I think I know what your thinking, you want to buy a 24 pin connector then pull the pins out of the 20 and jam them in the 24 pin correct? Yeah but you would have to cut and splice, or use a wire to jump some voltages.

All that is no simple task, and if you can't figure out how to do it on your own, I'm certainly not going to help you destroy your computer. Some motherboards are compatable with 20 or 24 pin power supplys, read your manual for compatability informaton.

see the think i dont like about the conveter is the extra wire. if i do shorten the converter that will be 24 pins that i have to cut and reconnect again. but i'm not gonna try to jump voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom