Rig by Tech Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseband Member
After listening to suggestions and getting awesome feedback I have come to decide on a computer that I think works well for the things I will be doing, looks great and won't break the bank. I went from a 10k alienware when I first started specing a computer to a 1300 dollar computer. Thanks nerds. :)

I will be using this machine for MMO Gaming, downloading, watching movies and your general processing.

MOBO: Asus M2N32 SLI-Deluxe Wireless.
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ AM2
PSU:NZXT PRC 550W 12V
Memory:OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB 240pin DDR2 800 Unbuffered
HD 1: WD Raptor 36.7gb 10k
HD 2: WD Caviar 400gb 7200
Video Card: XFX Geforce 6800XT 512MB
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 7.1 PCI
Optical Drive 1: Asus Black E-IDE CD-ROM
Optical Drive 2: Asus 16X DVD+-R DVD Burner E-IDE

All for a little less then 1300 bucks.
As always if you think something could be tweeked to enhance performance or save a couple bucks by all means let me know.

Thanks again.

The nerd thing was a joke. Thanks for the PSU suggestion. That looks good man.

Looks good, just make sure that the 400GB HD is SATA and not IDE. and from the looks of it your well on your way to becoming a "nerd" yourself... :p

Yeah, there both Serial ATA150. Those are smaller cables then the IDE right? Also my last question would be, OEM or Retail? Does it matter?

b1gapl said:
Thats a nice setup you got there. I think you should go for this PSU instead:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931
because it's a more known and reliable brand, plus it's cheaper for the same power.

agreed. great PSU.

Also unless you're very nitpicky about sound i'd say don't get a soundcard. IMO soundcards are a waste of money especially because onboard sound is pretty much a given now.

look into getting a 7600 or ATI 1600 or 1800. better performance and pretty well priced.

If you're going to OC get CL4 ram and if not CL5.

I like the mobo but unless you don't have an ethernet line in you're room or whereever you should get the version w/o wireless cuz it's a lot cheaper for the same thing.

Instead of a soundcard, why not rather get a 7900GT, or at least a 7600GT, which would beat that 6800 into the ground. Even if you're not a heavy gamer, still get the 7600 before the 6800! The 6800 is last-gen, keep with the times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom