pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
I have a giga byte ga 81k1100 motherboard with a 875 chipset. it is supposed to use the new intel pat which gives decent performance gains but my sissnadra is reporting that its not working. how do i turn it on or can it even be turned on?

Ermm, PAT(Performance Accelerating Technology) only comes on i875p boards and it can't be turned on or off?? Are you sure you don't have a I865 board, that mimics PAT:confused:

yeah i noticed i put it wrong after i posted, but i do have a 875 board and i figured out why it doesnt work. you need the proper memory for it to work and i was shipped the wrong sticks from tigerdirect so until i get the right ones it wont work properly.

Thanks for the reply jblaze725, that makes sense now. I was running into the same issue but you just saved me a few headaches.. :)

from what i understand you need memory that runs at cas latency 2.5 or better it may be 2 im exactly sure but it does make decent performance gains when its working.

jblaze725 said:
from what i understand you need memory that runs at cas latency 2.5 or better it may be 2 im exactly sure but it does make decent performance gains when its working.

Hmm, never heard of that one?:confused:

i actually read that in computer shopper magazine in an article where they were talking about motherboards and another magazine about upgrading computers said something about it also. i dont remember the exact specifics but i do know that for pat to be enabled you have to have ram that can accomodate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom