Hah! In your face NewEgg customers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
I just slipped my order in for an E6600 (the other places pooped out :() And as soon as I checked back it was out of stock again! HAH!

So I'm about to order my motherboard and RAM to, DS3 and some G.Skill DDR2-800 but I thought I'd make sure Gigabyte is the right way to go at this time. Keep in mind that I don't really like SLi, and that I think the 7950GX2 and X1950XTX are reasonable. In fact, the 1 PCI-X slot is the best feature I've seen yet. :) Most of the time a non-SLi and non-Crossfire board still has two slots. :mad:

Please assure that these are good parts, and I'll go ahead and order them too. :)

Thanks.

I've been reading that the 6600/6700 like the 975X chipset more than the 965. That being said though, all the 975X boards are quite a bit more expensive.

It should work out nice, that is great RAM :D

The ram is awesome (I have it) but i'd perhaps get a better motherboard. I ordered an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe with my E6600, like idiotec said, the E6600 and up show better performance on 975X chipsets.

General, I Saw a comparsion between the DS3 to the Asus P5W-DH Deluxe and its either VERY close by to the resaults of the DS3 or they match precisly......... you should be just fine with the DS3.

the ONLY downfall of the DS3 [which is why im getting DS4] is the 3phase power capacitors, which is very few in my opinion, the DS4 hsa 6, and the DQ6 has 12.....

-Jo.

I thought about geting a DQ6 but I just didn't feel like paying that much for it. That and it wasn't in stock at Newegg. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom