Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Build:
(not done yet)
IMG_1458Small.jpg

IMG_1464Small.jpg

IMG_1461Small.jpg

IMG_1460Small.jpg

I cant find a good place to hide that back fan wire....
Ideas?

~Joe

WOW AM2!!!! they own!!!

also take that CHip set wire and put it behind the mobo between the SATA slots and back out out enough to connect to the mobo

if that doesnt work, just bind them together with a cable tie so it looks a bit neater and not the whole round thing. Thats all can think of, then again I'm still new to this.

RockyZ said:
actually I might get them for a few of my HD's so I can get like a 1TB array. Oh I was wondering, which Raid was for different size drives? Not using that specific array for game, just backup my anime and stuff.

jbod in raid 0 or 0+1
but that is not good for performance, if you have random hdds, the whole arrray will slow down to the slowest drive in that array.
my advise, get all the same drives.
#1 raid 0 "striping" for performance, but if one drive goes, you lose everything.
#2 raid 5 "parity raid" for performance and data loss prevention, but requires 3 or more of the same hdd's, estimate to lose 1/3 to 1/4 availible space
#3 raid 1 "mirroring" ultimate loss prevention but you lose half the availible space
#4 raid 0+1 "mirrored stripe" a combo of 0 and 1, kinda a waste.

heres your TB, lol get it, it is worth it, i run 3 stripe sets, 2 raptors, 1st set 4 wd2500, 2nd set 4 wd2500, 2 TB man oh man

comp0qy0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom