Video Card - Not being recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckey

In Runtime
I have an ati 9200 SE in the comp as of right now. The moniter is plugged into it and I can get a signal.

When im in windows though its using integrated graphics instead of the video card which it is plugged in.

This lead me to believe I needed to install drivers, but I can't install drivers if the video card is not being recognized by the computer.

Any ideas? Beyond the obvious graphics adapter update.

If your monitor is plugged into the 9200 then it is using the 9200 not the onboard graphics. Go into device manager and see if the 9200 is listed under display adaptors. And xp has built in drivers for radeons but you should install the latest ATI drivers for the card.

Before you even put in the video card, uninstall the drivers for the intergrated video first. Go in Control Panel and uninstall the drivers,, turn the computer off, and then insert the video card. You might have to go into the BIOS and disable the onboard video. Sometimes the BIOS won't let you disable it, so you'd have to go to Device Manager and disable the onboard video there.

The 9200 is not listed under the display adapters. I have not installed any drivers as of yet.

My stepdad said the same thing LiQuid, to take it out boot up, then put the card in and boot up again.

If I disable the onboard video and no other source of video is provided will I still be able to access bios to fix it.

What i'm saying is, the card is complete Plug and Play, so once you plug the card in, you will get a display out of it without drivers. You'll be able to boot into Windows and install the drivers for the video card (which came on the CD boxed with the card). Disabling the onboard video in the BIOS just rids the factor of conflicts. If for some reason you disable the onboard video and the video card you purchased doesn't work, and there is no way you can get a display, just reset the CMOS.

K. I will disable on-board and try to find my cd, or manually install the drivers i got again.

One sec.

Under device manager there is no Display Adapters now.

I will try installing the downloaded drivers.

When I tried to install the driver it came up with an error.

INF video driver not found.

It said to try installing a driver before I did setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom