Buying computer help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarulsis

Baseband Member
I've recently started a new job and will have enough money to buy a gaming computer in 14 days. I do not have the experience to build my computer alone so I have surfed the net looking for a good buy. I arrived at ibuypower.com with the best deal. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of the build I have because I don't wanna screw this up. I want to make this as cheap as possible without losing quality.

Here's the website where the computer can be built. The alternatives to what I list will be found at this site.
http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=69

If I don't list the specc then assume it will not come with the computer(this includes monitors, mouses, etc.)

Here are the speccs:
Case
[New !!!] Nzxt Apollo Gaming Tower Case w/420W Power Supply
Color: black

Case Lighting
Neon Light
Color: Red

Power Supply
Standard Case Power Supply

Processor
[939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 X2 4200+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology

Processor Cooling
Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink

Motherboard
eVGA nForce-4 SLI Chipset Dual DDR w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, Dual PCI-E MB

Memory
2048 MB [1024MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand More Options

Video Card
Nvidia Geforce 7900GT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

Hard drive
300 GB HARD DRIVE [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache]

CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive
[** Special !!! ***] 16X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black

CD/DVD Drive
16x DVD-ROM Drive - Sony Black

Sound Card
3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

Network Card
Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)

it's not bad... but I don't see an OS? do you have one or will you put Linux on it? I would change a couple of things though.

PSU - I would go with the recommended or the Enermax
CPU - Save some money and go with the X23800 you can OC the .2Ghz.
Other than that it looks ok for a year of two. To me anyway.

Edit: I didn't see the second page which has all the other parts... what's your budget? You might want to look at the AM2 systems they are more up to date and will be good for a few as well...

I already have the windows XP program and my planned budget was 1200$ including shipping and handling which is 109$. I will not spend more then 1400$ and I will only spend 1400$ if it is strongly reccomended. Feel free to elaborate on the suggested upgrades. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom