my new e6300

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeppelinfan2009 said:
i said thr drivers were bad, like i said i like ati better than nvidia anyway. I had intel processors everytime before i finaly decided to go amd, and they always casued me problems so whatever lol it dont matter anyway :)

how are their drivers bad?

they dont take advantage of the card, my ati card uses omega and i get 20 fps more in games, now i get 170 in stead of 150 with catalyst :D lol

Their Linux drivers are unusable, I can't believe they even work sometimes.

ATi's drivers are a joke.

harry18 said:
ok, i got my comp up and running good, ive done a lil mild OCing, got it to 2.8, im gonna try max out the fsb and get it to 3.1ghz, and super pi....20sec
untitled-5.jpg

wait a minute... fsb 400.. isnt that just ddr 800???? what is the fsb stock... so stock fsb doesnt even run ram at ddr 800! and stock voltage.. whoa, some one tell me whats going on here??

wait.. sooo??? im lost.. please help me out here...

so stock fsb is only 266???? is that right? so its only running ddr532?? odd number..

NosBoost300 said:
wait a minute... fsb 400.. isnt that just ddr 800???? what is the fsb stock... so stock fsb doesnt even run ram at ddr 800! and stock voltage.. whoa, some one tell me whats going on here??

wait.. sooo??? im lost.. please help me out here...

so stock fsb is only 266???? is that right? so its only running ddr532?? odd number..
Stock FSB is 266 so a "divider" is used to run the RAM higher than the FSB. I quoted divider, since in this case, it is actually used to make the RAM run faster than the FSB, rather than slower. The common ones used at stock settings would be:

2:3 - FSB:RAM - So at a FSB of 266 the RAM is at 400 or DDR2-800
4:5 - FSB:RAM - So at a FSB of 266 the RAM is at 333 or DDR2-667

the ram can handle the speed and it causes improvemnet at any guess well a lower fsb with a higher multiplier i s more reliable...
??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom