WD Raptor booting slower, need help plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I format my computer like 1 month ago. Since I bought the Western Digital Raptor (36gb) the computer when is booting in the part when the XP logo appears and the bar below moves it only pass one & a half and then the logon screen appear, well after I last format my computer now it takes more time to boot when the XP logo appear with the bar moving below it takes like four to five times the bar passing afdter that the logon screen appear. It is suppose that the bar only pass one & a half but after the format now takes more time like four to five times.
I have check the HD already and is fine but I'm almost certain that is some kind of driver missing or something not installed yet but I honestly not sure I just want that the HD boot like it has always faster :( :eek:

Sorry If I sound like a noob but english is my second language and I'm not perfect with it.

I would really apreciate that anyone help me :)

Thnx in advance

Att: Alex

well you speak english quite well if it's your second language. your writing makes perfect sense and the only few problems are problems most people have because we have strange rules about the order of words ;)

my guess is you are right, sounds like a drivber problem. could you please tell us your motherboard model and any other parts in your computer.

nitestick said:
well you speak english quite well if it's your second language. your writing makes perfect sense and the only few problems are problems most people have because we have strange rules about the order of words ;)

my guess is you are right, sounds like a drivber problem. could you please tell us your motherboard model and any other parts in your computer.

Thnx :eek: :eek:

Here is my spec:

AMD Athlon 64 3700 + 1MB L2 Cache (San Diego)
256MB x 4 =1GB Kingston DDR 400 (3200)
eVGA 6800GT 256MB
Chaintech VNF4 Ultra (Mobo)
Maxtor 200GB (Sata)
Western Digital 320GB (Sata)

Let me know if you need anything else.

Now that I remember I have been noticing since I format the computer like some kind of slowdown for a couple of seconds when sometimes I open windows media player, some folders or another programs but I mostly notice the slowdown when I open the wmp for listening music, watch a video or something. ( Just to let you know that ;) ) I don't know if that maybe have some kind of conection with the HD problem.

Currently my driver versions are 6.86 from Nvidia website, but i will download that one from the link, and I will uninstall the ones that I already got, something tells me that the problema are the mobo drivers.

I'll let you know ;)

I heard that sometimes a drive just doesn't boot as fast after some formats as it does others. My HDD used to boot at like 3 bars, now it takes 7 or 8. Not really a big deal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom