I need to build a pretty good pc with $800 to $900 canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dameet

Solid State Member
I wanna make a comp thats gonna b used for surfing the net and occasional gaming.......I need some help cuz iv never done this before. If anyone could help me choose a motherboard and cpu cuz so far I'v got 3 items and it ends up $367.97

Coarsair TWINX Dual Channel 1042MB DDR 400MHz 1GB =$144.99

Seagate 160GB HardDrive=$88.99

HIS Radeon X1300 IceQ Turbo 256MB=$133.99

I need my motherboard to work with card but if u guys know a better card for a same or better price then can u help....

So basiclly I need help with the whole process of finding a good board with processor and other hardware I might need.

P.S. MY LIMIT IS $850(CAN) or maybe like a couple buks over......

well, that's a pricey build you have so far.

I recommend trying out Tiger Direct or NCIX, since Newegg and Zip Zoom Fly doesn't ship to Canada

That's where i got those parts, just i dont know wat kind of board and cpu to choose

Im on a budget too and im going with the AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz and a MSI K9N Platinum NVIDIA Socket AM2 ATX Motherboard both off tigerdirect.ca, which if you chose those two would put you at $739.95, you can of course get a motherboard at a lower price, i just wanted the SLI option. I believe i read that AM3 chips when they come out can go in the AM2 slots so that gives future upgradablity, or you could go intel. Also i found it not worth it going to the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, wasnt worth the extra 50 on tiger when u could OC your chip to the 2.2ghz easily.

i looked for a while but wat slots am i going to need for like future ups and maybe the speed, the problem is i need speed and i want the speed to last but close to 750 is too much cuz i have more stuff to buy so i need something maybe max 500 buks or even less.
IV BEEN LOOKING FOR 3 DAYS BUT HAVENT FOUND ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!

So your lookin for a motherboard and a cpu and all that other stuff for 500?

If you go DDR2 you can get the corsair for like Corsair TWINX 1024MB PC5400 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 Memory (2 x 512MB) for 125 after rebates. That will save u like 20 bucks. But you need a board with an AGP slot to get that graphics card, the future at the moment is looking to be PCI-E x16 for graphics and well its split between intel and amd, right now the intel conroes are better but thats said to change when the AMD quad cores come out.

lol ok, just to make sure.. thats $850 + 13% gst and pst = $960

and thats for motherboard, cpu, video card, hard drive, ram, case, powersupply, optical drive... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom