No Sound On Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
hey guys hows it hanging¿ i haven't posted anything in a while and now i need some help. so on this other site im a member on i have placed in my signature "if you need computer help message me". so just my luck a user does message me for computer help. now he has a sound problem on his laptop. the sound stopped working a few days ago. now ive been telling him what to do over msn, and hes been doing everything ive told him to. first i asked him

-is the volume muted (he responded no)
-are the speaker on (responded yes)

so then i told him to to an add new hardware scan and he took a screen shot of the list of devices installed and the sound card was installed and working correctly but i told him to update driver and he did. but it still doesnt work now i dont know what else to tell him ive told him to plug in external speakers or headphones/earphones (he hasnt done this yet) but im all out of idea's and i cant think of what could be the problem it doesnt seem to be conflicting with anything unless its conflicting with the external mouse (usb) the only other idea that i have is to reformate the laptop but im not gonna do it for him. so if anyone has any ideas on what could be the problem or any advice/suggestions on how to fix the problem please post.

thank you in advance

what sound hardware is he using? integrated? PCMCIA? USB?

none should conflict with a USB mouse though. perhaps he needs to check the audio options setup in control panel and make sure it is his default sound device etc. ask him to open an audio file e.g. an *.mp3 in media player and ask if it results in an error.

alright ill tell him to check that and my bad i for got to state what type of audio device it is. now he doesnt even know himself but im almost 100% sure its integrated

ok ill ask for the make and model of the laptop.
and ive also put a pic of his add new hardware device manager

Attachments

• picture 10.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 31
Ioanni said:
ok ill ask for the make and model of the laptop.
and ive also put a pic of his add new hardware device manager

give us the make and model and in the future wrather than get out the digital camera and take a picture of the screen press the print screen button its up at the far top right. you press that then paste into any image viewing program. just a little info for the future :).

i am just waiting for him to get online (msn) so he can tell me and he took the pic from his webcam and e-mailed it to me so i didnt take the pic i was thiking he was gonna push print screen but he didnt

sorry that the pic isnt the best

"Tech-careerz... omg..."

Ask him to hold down the Alt key and pres the Prt_Scrn button, then take it to microsoft paint or something and show us. ;) :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom