computer keeps restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisalsaeed

Beta member
hello
my PC keeps restarting whenever there is a power fluctuation. I have a UPS that is connected to a voltage regulator. Whenever there is a power fluctuation the PC restarts, without letting me shutdown.

I have changed the power supply unit, the motherboard, checked for any possible loose connections, reseated the RAM, changed the UPS itself , reinstalled windows and also removed the graphics card and used the inbuilt memory for graphics.

What could be wrong? Please help!

Here are my specs:

processor : Intel Pentium 4-2267, 2267 MHz

Motherboard: MSI MS-7104 , chipset VIA P4M800 por/CE=VT8237[R]

memory : 1024 MB type PC2700 DDR-SDRAM

video: ATI RADEON 9200 PRO 128 MB

drives: ATA 37 GB ST340015A
ATA 74 GB ST3802110A

Following are readings from SPEEDFAN:

temp1 45C
temp2 58-65C
temp3 19C
HD0 43C
HD1 42C

fan1 0 RPM
fan2 4994 RPM
fan3 0 RPM

Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Have you checked to make sure your UPS and your Voltage Regulator are operating correctly?

yeah. they are working fine. I used another UPS also ,that was working fine on another PC, but restarts when I use it.

couldnt hurt to try a different outlet if you havent done that already. usually the UPS surge protectors are supposed to prevent this type of thing. you also might want to get a voltage meter to check on the PSU just to be sure. also use the volage meter to check the outlet in the wall.

The main power being supplied by the electricity department is poor in this area, hence the fluctuations
I've tried different outlets too, even moved to another room in the house :) but same thing happens.
The UPS settings are fine - ive set it to shutdown within 10 minuts in case of AC failure and in case of low battery. Same thing happens even if I disable the shutdown feature.

Thing is it should allow me to shutdown in case of low battery or AC failure right? instead of restarting on its own.

Ive got the software that comes with the UPS installed. UPS doesnt show up in the device manager. so dont think driver required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom