third ide

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzz

Baseband Member
built a new pc with a sata2 drive, but it shows up as third ide primary in bios instead of as primary where nothing is, secondary are my both dvd drives.

when i boot nothing happens, so im guessing it might be cause of it being third? how do i change this?

set the order in the bios also make sure that all jumpers on the drives are set properly.

i only got 1 jumper, and the small note that came w the drive says only use if the puter cant find the drive, caused by a 1.5gb limit on some mbs.

how do i change the order in bios? all are set on auto, do i first change the third ide master to not installed?

then on primary ide i can only choose auto, cd or armd on type?
then there are lba, dma and smart which are all set to auto.

in every bios there is a boot order rearange them so your primary drive boots first. dont know what bios you have so i cant just walk you through it look around.

well i can change the boot order, but i meant putting the harddrive as a primary master, but maybe it isnt necessary?

however if i dont have a cd in nothing happens when i start the pc so i thought it might have to do with it not being primary.

you said the drive is SATA ? make sure it boots to sata first before any ide drives.

i have the hd first in boot sequence but its just a blinking note nothing happens.

no i just built it and started up to see what happens, but if i cant get to c: how will i be able to format?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom