KWORLD Video Magician TV Tuner Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

persianxballer

In Runtime
I built a computer for a friend a while ago and installed a KWORLD Video Maigican in it. The requirements say it needs a SoundBlaster 16 Compatible Sound Card, but I thought onboard sound would be fine. Turns out onboard sound doesn't work with it.
Does this mean that I have to buy a SoundBlaster sound card, or can I buy any cheap sound card?

It doesn't work though. Some guy on TigerDirect Reviews had the same problem and he said he bought a Creative Audigy 2 Value and the sound worked. Can you just please answer this question:

Does this mean that I have to buy a SoundBlaster sound card, or can I buy any cheap sound card?

Dude, your onboard sound will be fine.

"Soundblaster compatible" is just a standard... Kind of like how games say "Intel Pentium 4 2.0ghz or higher" but they still work on AMD's.

Or you could just get a real TV tuner card, a Hauppauge. KWORLD is mediocre...

This is what a guy on TigerDirect said about this situation.

Summary:
I will tell you it's nice to be able to watch tv on my PC. I bought this for the features. Will be doing recording off of video camera. If you are looking to buy this make sure you have a Sound card installed first. Had to wait four days for mine to show up. Then after it was installed, and figured out.I was able to hook up my tv tuner card. In my case it was not so simple too place jack and plug in header. Had to CAREFULLY drill a hole in it. So my screwless case pin would secure it. The card went into pci slot easy. The software installed easy too. Took some serious guess work to have the sound card i bought and the tuner card to interact with each other. The Creative Audigy 2 Value seems to work well. The price was right. And NEWEGG!! gave me a twenty five dollar rebate. I will end this saying one thing. Microsoft I have a Media center PC with out buying your crap!!!

Can you please just ask my intial quesiton please?

OK, that card is crap. Just don't get it. Plain and simple. It has an audio out that you plug into your sound card's line in. That is crap.

Like I said before, forget you ever even saw that card, and get a Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150 MCE. You will NOT be disappointed and it will work with ANY sound card. It dumps pure MPEG-2 w/ sound. Nothing to worry about there.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT GET THAT CARD!

My friend bought this tv tuner about a year ago. Can you answer the quesiton or should I just sell this one and get the one you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom