Airborne916

Baseband Member
Well my system specs are

x700pro
200 gb HD
i gig of ram
stock 350 psu
stock crap gateway mobo

About 8 months ago i sent my card to ati cuz there were dots all over my screen, they sent me a new one. That one did the same thing, then i got a new one again and the fan did not work, and last i sent that one back and im still getting dots all over my screen. Do you think it could be my PSU? The guy at ATI said i should try swaping my ram in the diffrent slots, i tryhed it and that did not help.

Then i uninstalled bf2 and reinstalled and that still did not work.

oh sorry i for got

I have a intel P4 ht 3.2

Yes i have all my drivers up to date. I THINK

I just dont know why it dose it with all games just noe valve games.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1378/bf22006081621580392xf9.p

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1961/bf22006081622022810ys2.png

look at the water

If the dots are in the same place, it's probably dead pixels on the monitor.

Personally, you need to be more specific. What do these "dots" look like? Do these "dots" show up in the same place after switching the GPU?

Like snake said are they in the same spot, you can also test if they are dead pixels, you unplug your monitor from the computer and leave it pluged into the wall and you will see the red green and blue i think it is durning the signal test and it bounces around the screen if you see dots in that in certian spots and it moves then you know its the monitor.

sounds more like graphic driver problem or maybe even direct x.

Update to latest graphic card drivers.. and if that doesnt work, downgrade to the ones that came with the cd that came with your graphics card.

Since it is actually textures from within the game, and you cannot see these things when you go to the desktop then it is defenetly a software problem. There would be nothing wrong with your hardware.

Try installing the latest direct x, along with other versions. (There are extra things for different releases of direct x9.0c, google it).

Once again I say, there is nothing wrong with the insides of your computer.. its all software mate.

If he can take a screenshot of it, and have it show up in the screenshot, then it is not a monitor problem.

Update your drivers to Catalyst 6.7. Make sure the video card is not overheating whilest playing BF2. Heat will cause artifacts.

You can get said drivers from ATi's site, www.ati.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom