Sapphire Radeon or eVGA Geforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambush

Baseband Member
Just wanted to know your opinions?

SAPPHIRE 100149L Radeon X1900XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - 319.99$ (30$ mail in rebate)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102025

or

eVGA 256-P2-N584-AR Geforce 7900GT KO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card- 264.99$ (20$ mail in rebate)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130033

I would need some pro's and con's and also which one will out perform the other with a nice setup?

P.S. already have the plan for a nice setup just need card performance.

I would go with the X1900XT if you have the money. It'll last longer with the 512MB RAM. The 7900GT KO still is awesome though. It's a tough call.

Yea if you have the money def. go with the X1900XT. Great card and can easily OC to XTX speeds.

well as a person with experience with both the 7900gt and the x1900xt, i would personally go for the x1900xt... this card has nice advanced aa and af features (i get owned in fear if i turn it up to 6x Temporal AA, 16xHigh Quality AF and adaptive AA)... from what i've experienced so far.. ati has alot more features for quality pictures compaired to nvidia.. i'm in love with this card, and its outperforming my 7900 gt when it was voltmodded... it is very well worth the money and i am running at xtx speeds right now... the only complaint i have about the card is that it gets freakishly hot, and if i try to take it any higher than xtx speeds i get artifacting

and temporal AA if i understand correctly from the text hovering above it pretty much double the AA being used.. so 6x2.. 12xAA i guess?? or similar to it

temporalAA.jpg

wow very nice i might go with the ATI, but i dont really want to overclock, i want my stuff to last for a few years.

well then.. definitely go for the x1900xt.. this card is still very good at stock speeds

if your not going to oc.. then this card takes the cake.. its far better than the 7900gt you wanted...

and considering you won't be overclocking.. i would say the x1900xt is the smarter choice

and with that being said.... if you ever wanted dual... crossfire seems to be outdoing sli right now, so it wouldnt be a bad move at all... this x1900xt is keeping up with gtx's for 150 dollars less.. so keep that in mind as well

And with further consideration to any Crossfire ideas for the future, with a new ATI card on the horizon the x1900xt will be seeing a price drop making it a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom