Is It Worth The Wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snake-Eyes said:
It would probably be best to wait for DX10 (scheduled apparently for Jan. '07), though i wouldn't doubt the high end cards of right now (7900GTX, X1900XTX) will get DX10 support via drivers in the future. For the record, i have no idea when these quad-core CPU's are supposed to come out.

Jan 07!!! are they that far off:eek:

Well, I dunno, maybe you should wait because I hear they're coming out with something ELSE after DX10, and then something else again...... you get my point? it keeps going and going

stevelenihan said:
Jan 07!!! are they that far off:eek:

Last i heard, yeah. DX10 and Vista are scheduled for release at the same approximate time, and i've heard that Vista will be coming out this coming January.

The General said:
Is that P.P.Mguire, or did he just steal that avatar?

He types like PP and has the same avatar...

BloodyFinger said:
Well, I dunno, maybe you should wait because I hear they're coming out with something ELSE after DX10, and then something else again...... you get my point? it keeps going and going

Surely they'll come out with a DX11, but with that mentality, you'll get nowhere, and never upgrade your computer.

you know, I read somewhere that vista was going to get rid of direct x and replace it with something else.. I guess I was wrong, or maybe they actually were then bill gates realised he was getting fooled and had to write 60% of the code again

but yes, I think for cheap graphics cards (thats if you want to buy a cheap one from the price drop) it's probably best to wait for dx10, just like when the big bomb dropper conroe came out, now is a great time then any to update cpu's

They won't wait for Vista to release the next gen of GFX cards. The G80s are set to be released around October/November, with the R600s due in January I think.....

i had the same problem, but when i heard that vista would be compatible with direct x 9 i decided not to wait on direct x 10. I don't really need super high end graphics, i just wanna be able to run vista so i can run Halo2 vista. As long as i can see what comes out of my gun and have decent textures, lighting ect. im fine with a cheaper DX9 card. Im just gonna build now with a x1900 gt and get all the graphics ill need for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom