torrents

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
I've always used p2p and filesharing, but I think its time to step ahead and try torrents. School me up. Whats good whats not. Whats a good place to get started? What else do I need to know?

Thanks.

Well, torrents are much better than P2P, since 80% of P2P is viruses and small RAR files.

Torrents can be downloaded and distributed everywhere. Just Google "torrent" and you'll find millions of sites.

I recommend UTorrent as a bittorrent client, since it uses the least memory and is very easy to use.

http://www.utorrent.com

Great torrent site:
http://www.isohunt.com

Also, try to keep this thread clean. I can see it getting locked pretty soon, just because it has the word "torrent" in it.

Torrents and torrent clients themselves are fine and legal. it's when the conversation turns to the shady side that it will get locked and moved.

When I use torrents, I use BitTorrent (the plain old original one). I mainly use it for television shows, but have started checking out New Voyages (fan-made Star Trek episodes intended to continue the original show for the total of the five year mission).

I have been using Bitcomet, its been working well for me. Remember to read up on port forwarding!

Trotter, fan made star trek episodes?? never know they existed?? I once saw a documentary on Star Trek conventions in Europe. This group from Germany dropped over 50k into recreating the command deck of the enterprise to film their own episodes. It was funny the guy playing Picard was short with really bad teeth and the Borg guys (maybe in mid-late 30s) were giddy as school girls because one guys mom made their costumes from real leather!! They were all really bad actors, mono-toned most of the time! its was a good laugh!! :p

But on a serious note, i did enjoy all the series, but don't consider myself a trekkie.

jcortes is right. Get Azureus for the download client. If needed, they have their own wikipedia.

I find www.mininova.org to be the best/largest site. I usually can find whatever i want there.

isohunt.com
piratebay.org
torrentbox.com
torrentspy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom