Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbaddog

In Runtime
Some things to look for in a case.

Some come with power supplies, some don't.

The better quality cases have better power supplies.

Try to get at least a 350w ps. Anything less will be too small. The bigger the better...but, a high quality ps with a lower rating is better than a cheap one with a high rating.

I have built computers with 200.00 cases and I have built computers with 25.00 cases. The 200.00 cases are far superior to a 25.00 case, but when you get right down to it, it's still just a box to hold your stuff. So it depends on your intended use for your computer. If you are going to set it up and never move it again, any case will do. If you are carrying it to LAN parties, college, etc, then you need a quality case (such as a Cooler Master Ammo 533 case) that will take the abuse.

The size of the case is important too.

An ATX case will hold a full size ATX motherboard and more stuff.

A mATX case is smaller, requires a mATX motherboard and will hold less stuff, but takes up less room.

A new format called BTX uses a BTX motherboard and PS. (Not too common yet though.)

Other than that, the skys the limit.

PS-Check your private messages.

vaderpro said:
Ok, thanks....how bought list your top ten favorite cases.

Hmmm...don't know if I could come up with ten favorite cases...I guess anything Cooler Master (I'm prejudiced, since I sell'em ;) )

I really like the Ammo 533 case-use one for my daughters computer-ready to go to college.

I like the looks of the Wavemaster-very cool and sturdy case

I've been selling alot of computers in a Centurion 541 mATX cases lately...small and well built.

For a full tower, it's hard to beat a CM Stacker 830...kinda hard on the wallet though.

I've got a Wave Master. Very nice, looks sweet. Solid as a rock. Metal door on the front, secures with a magnet.

Personally, i don't buy cases with a power supply, unless i have to (ie. cut costs for a cheap build).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom