Overheating Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXx-Tricky-xXx

In Runtime
Hi, first I think my specs are in the sig not sure, I havent been on here for a few months since I built my pc. Basically, ever since I built my pc, the heat on it worried me. I asked around they said it was ok but lately, even though its really hot since its summer, my CPU is running around 32C all the time, i hope thats real good since I have a giant typhoon, the video card runs like 50-55 idle, and the System is always starts out at 45 when i boot pc up, then slowly get shotter and hotter to where its at 50-55 C idle. I have airconditioning on and like 5 huge fans to circulate the cold air through my room but doesnt seem to help.

This is a bummer because, I was thinking about overclocking if it would help alot, once since my typhoon should let me oc alot hopefully, and because when I have like 32 or 48 bots in Battlefield 2 it gets so laggy and I have horrible frames per second just all the time in it. I thought it was a defective 7900gt video card back when I bought it alot were, but I was told it was my 3800 x2. Well, I hope my video card is ok, was terribly hard to buy at the time and was over 300 bucks, and couldnt ever figure out if it was ok or somethign was defective.

well given its sumer, your temps arnt that bad, you got as5?, your vga temps are fine, they can go way hot, hotter than cpu, alos pehaps do a reformat and clean all the stuff of your comp if its getting laggy

I dont have artic silver if thats wut as5 is, I used the htermal paste that came with the Typhoon heatsink. Eh well, nvidia monitor view keeps saying my System: is too hot its like 50-55C now. Ill keep an eye on it I guess try to keep the room cool, and see if the temp is lower in the fall.
I have a dfi mobo, I heard somethign abou thteres a cool and quiet or osmething you can enable I forget what it is called. Should I enable it?

yeah, those temps are fine... when i took off my 7900GT hsf the thermal paste was all crusty. i change the paste to AS5 (yes, artic silver 5) and replaced the hsf, it cooled down by ~5*C :)
i'd imagine u'd get the same results if you do the same to your northbridge and cpu.

What are you complaining about? I have my CPU up around 60C underload and until I got my new case my GPU would go up to 95C, now it's about 65 under load.

well i guess i run at 40 cpu, 60 system and 60 gpu. My cpu should never get hot because of the typhoon, but I want to overclock my cpu but my System temp keeps saying its too hot and is blinking, it goes from like 50 to 60 pretty fast when i start a game and keeps rising.

Reason im worrying is my last pc ran at like 50-60C and it fried, it couldnt withstand over 130F. Everythign got so hot and pc just kept on crashing. Well if you say its ok then ill trust you guys, ill try overclocking cpu a bit maybe if i can read up more about it, then ill post those temps. Two fans run at like 800RPM's and one runs like 5000RPM's i think not quite sure id have to check again. My case has a window fan small one, and 2 big fans, one in front and one in back. Could my heatsink be blocking airflow? Its like 1 inch from touching the glass panel lol.

just as a bump, so is running system at 50-60, 50ish idle and 55-60 whne gaming good bad decent or ok? Because it wont stop flashing ever since I put the pc together its been saying its overheating systemsize.

my old ASUS with a AMD athlon xp 2100+ use to pull 90 C until ESD came along

dont worry i did some research and found out that ur CPU can handle 70 C MAX

well its not my cpu is the thing, its reaching 60's system wise, meaning the air in the pc case, I think.

As a side question here, what exactly is tearing. Ive been playing CS and DOD alot lately, and I dunno what this is but it consantly like parts of the screen is disfigured like, ill turn while running and like pieces of the screen horizontally are like not matched up like ahh i cant explain it I can try screenshotting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom