gifs and sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
Is it possible to attach a music snippet to an already existing gif file? so that it plays while the gif is in its animation? if so how?

U can make it a flash file ...that way u can have audiofor the gif file.
Ofcourse it won't be a gif anymore :p

Like preet said, you can import the gif file into Flash and import the audio too, and then export the whole thing as a gif. It could work, I'm not quite sure.

No emily ... sadly that would not happen ... the gif format itself cannot hold any audio .. infact even the no. of colors on a gif image is pretty limited.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

Just to warn everyone, I'm going to be making stupid comments such as "Yes, you can put audio in a GIF file" for the next three weeks. These are the results of SAT testing time every year.

My bad. :D

so....now that the dabate is over.....lol.....what would be the most recommended flash creating software...preferably free....?

Uh. Macromedia Flash is about it, and it's definitely not free. (I got the educational version for $90.) I think there might be a couple other programs that are easier versions of Flash, but I've never used them and don't know how much they cost. There's one called Swish, I think.

If it's just one or two files that you need to do this with, you could just download the trial version of Flash.

thanks emily, and yes it would be just a few, although i could see that creating flashes might be addictive.
Macramedia is the same company that makes Dreamweaver 2004 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom