Am2 or Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
Well, I have made my am2 specs but I really need to know if I can get a intel that is better about the same price. The board and cpu of am2 is costing about $405.99 without shipping.
Am2 specs
MoBo EPoX EP-MF570SLI
Case XION XION _ Solaris XON-403
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor
GPU eVGA 512-P2-N568-AR 7900GT KO 512MB
Ram CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2
Hdd Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB
CD/DVD Pioneer Black x2
Cooling APEVIA(ASPIRE) CF12SL-UGN 120mm x2
PSU Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W
Extra Microsoft Keyboard + Mouse

Could and sould I go conroe.

You could get a similar setup such as the one from mine, the nforce 570 board is pretty cheap compared to other conroe boards. Also the conroes have gone down in price, but you could get a e6300 or 6400 if you want to be conservative. Though I think you could end up around 1200-1500 depending on which conroe you get, with the 7900gt or even an x1900xt which is cheaper then the nvidia.

i like nvidia better. Ati is ok but to me it is th poor mans board...
They are ok but I really hate the driver solfware. It will be a few months so once am3 comes out conroe boards and cpus should go down also.

Yeah I like nvidia better too, the first ATI card came with my P4 system, some all in wonder card, can't remember which one, but it didn't really run SC4 or GTA3 pretty well. Replaced it with a evga geforce 5700, and runs the games alot better.

Though as far as going AMD, thats up to you, I don't have any experience with AMD, or know anything about them. Not sure you can tell but I've only owned Intels other than my 1st computer which was a Commodore PC. From Pentium 66mhz, PII 450mhz, P4 northwood 2.2ghz, and now Conroe 2.4ghz.

Yeah, I will have to let my friend see it but if he thinks it is better I might go intel. I might get the e6600 in a few months once the prices goes down. Do you know when the am3 cpips and boards will come out, because that would be the perfect time to buy a conroe.

I wouldn't know when the AM3 cpu's will come out, though I'll guess January 07 since the quad core Conroes will supposedly be available during that time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom