Built a new system, and having issues HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKO USA

Beta member
I just finished building my new pc, and am having some issues I have never come accross before. The main one is when I play Far Cry, in the middle of the game it will shut off and go back to the desktop. Once in a while the whole system reboots. Explorer shuts down a lot, and sometimes when programs crash I get a blue screen that comes on with a bunch of data and code on it, then it shuts down. The screen is only visible for a moment, so I cant tell you what it says. The only thing that is different drom this system and others I have built is the SATA Hard Drive. Loading it was a pain. I had to download drivers on another computer, put them on a floppy and load the with the OS. Could this be the Problem? The only other thing I can think of is a ram issue, but the ram is good quality. So PLEASE help me!!!

Sounds like RAM. Is that one stick of memory? If not try one stick at a time and see how it behaves.

I had this same problem with Warcraft III a long time ago. RAM was the first thing that I went after (After updating drivers and such). After removing one of the 512s, it was fine. No problems since. Everytime I get a new update from WarCraft, I'll shut it down, add the additional 512 and see if it was somehow "miraculously" fixed in the software..... but I'd wait about 1 or 2 games and then I'd get kicked out with a nasty error. Nasty, natsy error! Like one of those where a developer would say "Man......WTF did you do???" LOL :)
But, it fixed it everytime by removing the extra RAM.

Fragino, thanks for the help!!! When going in to pull a stick of ram I noticed one was in the wrong spot. I switched it, and for now all seems fine, I'll let you know if it craps out again. Thanks everyone for your help.

Well yeah with mine it was that i didnt have enough ram ounce i got more it was fine.

AND its my 100 post!!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom