First build and it is a Wopper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
First build...

Hello, I am a new to building Pc's but not new to Pc. I just want to know if my spec's are very good. I don't want just a ok responce, I hope that they are up to par, par being a hole in one!

MoBo EPoX EP-MF570SLI
Case XION XION _ Solaris XON-403
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor
GPU eVGA 512-P2-N568-AR 7900GT KO 512MB
Ram CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2
Hdd Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB
CD/DVD LiteOn Black With lightscribe x2
Cooling APEVIA(ASPIRE) CF12SL-UGN 120mm x2
PSU Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W
Extra Microsoft Keyboard + Mouse

This all is about $1200 off newegg. I will probally find the fans elseware becasue they cost 15 each, shiping included. I just want to know if it will be a good build in a few months, if not what should I change.
P.S. The 2x means I getting two of them.

Yeah never looked into intel because I think Amd is cheaper than intel and better performance for the buck.

^it used to be that why but the new intel core 2 duos are pretty cheap and perform a **** of alot better then amd, the 360 buck core 2 duo E6600 can outperform the 900 buck fx 62

I know, the e6300 can also without Oc it. I will probally get the e6400. I am going to wait a few months and see if the e660 will drop a hundred dollars

I think I am going amd now because I plan to upgrade to am3 chips once they come out, or use them first on this build. The thing is that you can use am3 chips on a am2 board so that would be perfect. I am using the best am2 chip 4600+ and if I go am3 it will be even better. Once it comes out. I know that it is coming out soon but don't know exsactly. Can someone tell me when is it coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom