Quick question about Processor Heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

v930

In Runtime
Hello I was just wondering if it was ok to remove the heatsink off the processor and to put it back on real quick? Reason asking is because I had to remove it aside cause there was a wire I had to get to that was under it. So I was wondering if it is ok to go ahead and just put it back on the processor and screw it back down. Im on the pc rite now. Just want to know if its safe or do I need to regrease it? CAuse the grease looked fine to me and I made sure nothing touched it on the processor or the heatsink. Thank you in advance.

jcortes said:
its fine as long as you dont do it while the pc is on obviously lol

lol acutally I was in the middle of play Far Cry and the game froze so I thought it was the processor so I just yanked it rite outa there to see then put it back. lol J/K

It was off I let it cool down and then took the heatsink off to get the wire then just put it back on the processor and screwed it back down. So you sure its not going to effect anything rite? Cooling? Performance?

i still think you will be fine not that big of a deal just make sure the existing paste is evenly spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom