Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickfilafan

Baseband Member
My step-dad gave me his old desktop. I want to build my own computer and I want to know what i would be able to keep from the one he gave me so I can save money.

I attached some of the SIW log. The one the program made was an html extension so I copied and pasted some of the hardware into a text document so it might be hard to read. If someone knows how to post the html file let me know.

The computer I want to build will be used for dvd burning, surfing the internet, school stuff. I don't play many video games if I do they aren't that graphic intensive and I figure I can buy a better card later on if need be. I want the computer to last a good while before needing to upgrade. And I also want it to be easy to upgrade.

If anyone knows of any good websites to learn about this stuff let me know.

Thanks.

Attachments

• comp.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 77
you could probably salvage your hard drive, opticals (do you have a dvd burner?), monitor, speakers, keybaord, mouse.. and all that jazz.

so pretty much everything new...

i didn't go through the whole file, way too long and cluttered it gave me a headache

In the new computer from your step-dad, just push the Windows Key and Pause/Break.

Give us that information.

Yeah, you really can't save much if you want a really good computer. How much are you willing to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom