Compaq Presario SR1803WM Desktop PC w/ Intel Celeron D 351 3.20 GHz need info

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfdog123

Beta member
well here it is I just put a down payment on this machine at walmart and then I find out there was an e machine at another walmart that was like 3 dollars more plus it have a dvd writer and dvd rom.

So you can see I would be alittle ticked but salave

Anyway I would like too know if any one has worked with computer and is it a HT technology in it I know it dont say it does but this has to be good for the speed unless they really did change the way the pc clock is clocked now.

If anyone can at least tell me will this be a good computer too burn movies and edit.

There is one more thing is there a way too disable everything that starts up when you first turn it on and is there a way too partition the 80 Gig HDD

I reall just want too know should I have just waited just a little longer for the comps too drop.

Thats cool I am real excited too get this.

It will be my ffirst Brand new computer at this speed 3.2.

Compaq Presario SR1803WM Desktop PC w/ Intel Celeron D 351 3.20 GHz.

Thanks in advance if I dont get back too this thread right away.

Wal-Mart / Celeron / Emachines

Those three words don't make up a good computer for anything, except for a waste of money. Get a good quality custom computer for video/audio editing and DVD burning.

Well you have been mis informed just like my brother Walmart does not make these computers they only buy them in bulk then sale them cheaper then the retailer that made them.

Well, that's true. But, if a problem happens with the computer, they won't fix it there, they send you back to the manufacturer, unlike Best Buy and Circuit City. Also, Emachines aren't the best quality of computer. Do some research before looking into the computers.

back on topic...haha, to get the boot things off, go to start, run, type msconfig, go to the tab on far right and disable anything u dont need, then go one tab left, click the checkbox at the bottom and disable any u dont need there either then hit ok, and do not restart. when you restart, hit the checkbox on the box that pops up regarding msconfig and hit ok, then ur set

[SIZE=0.1]I will not be held responsible for damage to your OS or any hardware[/SIZE]

I already know how too disable all that stuff on msconfig but tell me is there a list of operations that have too be running and you can tell me that list then.

Also tell me why you can never get rid of quicktime everytime you got too a site that needs it it loads back up at start up is there anyway too just get this too stop runing.

Plus how about al those annoying programs that wont uninstall even if you take them off the add remove list they still have annoying folders somewhere on the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom